Saturday, July 9, 2011
Prague - Sunday, July 3, 2011
It was nice most of the day. We went back to the palace area to look at the cathedral and it was beautiful. The rest of the day, we basically just wandered around. The kids, Travis and Christopher did paddle boat on the river while Becky and I relaxed on the dock with a beer. They were only out for about 40 minutes but they seemed to have fun. Finding a restaurant for dinner was our usual wandering of the streets and discussing all of the potential places for a meal. We decided on a restaurant that none of us really thought looked spectacular but we were hungry and tired of wandering. We sat down and there were two little bowls of potato chips on the table with 5Krone as the price. We didn't eat them. I pointed out that the menu didn't have prices so Travis asked for a menu. The prices were a little bit high but not completely outrageous. There was a young boy at the back of the restaurant who was on a laptop computer and was obviously the child of the owner or one of the waitresses. While we were waiting for our food the kid picked up his computer and started toward the front of the restaurant. Directly behind the table that was beside us, the kid dropped the computer and there was some commotion as he picked it up. Also at that table, when they received the check I noticed that they were displeased and puzzled about the amount but the father went ahead and paid. I mentioned that we should really look our check over. We received our food and Becky's meat wasn't meat at all but pure fat. The rest of the food was below average but not completely horrible. We received our check and there was a 15Krone surcharge plus an additional charge that I can't remember. We asked the waitress and she pointed it out in small print on the menu that we had to request. We were all thoroughly disgusted. After we left, I thought about the kid dropping the computer incident and it made me wonder if it was actually a pickpocket issue. I forgot to mention that the big biker type, tattooed dad of the kid yelled at him and called him into the back room. They were back there for a short minute and no raised voices came out of the back room. The kid and dad then came back out and the dad was smiling and patting the kid on the shoulder. That is what made me wonder if there had been a pickpocketing situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment