Again we used Travis and Becky's car. This time we headed to Triberg, Germany which is in the Black Forest. Again, a beautiful sunny day with the windows down, music up and beautiful hilly, treed countryside around us. We hiked to the top of the waterfall which was beautiful (looked like a movie set). We then hiked down to the ropes course. We so enjoyed it. Christopher was wonderful with me. He knew that I was nervous so he decided to go on the easy 2nd level course with me. He led the way physically and emotionally by telling me how to negotiate each leg of the course plus telling me that I could do it. He could definitely be a coach of some kind. I went through the 2nd level course twice while he moved up to the highest level of 5. On my 3rd time through he talked me into going on level 3. I did it! There was one portion that he thought was the hardest out of all that he did on that particular course.
We then went into Triber and had some donors (kind of like a gyro) and then headed on small roads to Rottweil. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but it was another quaint, 1400's town. We walked around for a while and then headed back to pick up Travis. We should have been 15 minutes early to get him but we got stuck in a stau (traffic jam) and we were half an hour late.
That night their small town had a festival so the family plus a friend and her kids walked down to the festival which was 2 blocks away. We drank beer, ate German pizza, ate steak sandwiches and had a fun time. There was a live band that was playing American music. We had a good time and their friend, Terri, is a nice, fun person.
No comments:
Post a Comment