Sunday, June 26, 2011

Austria to Germany - June 25, 2011

Today we checked out of our B&B and headed to a nearby town to hike.  The young men headed off on a no path, no way are you going to make it far mountain.  Linda and I and the older kids went on a path.  Wanda was ill (vomiting a lot) and Gary's back hurt so they stayed at the cars with Becky and Brady.  As we were heading back from our hike we heard voices up ahead and off of the path.  The young men had turned around and come over to "our" mountain to hike instead.  Theirs was too tough.  It pays to sometimes follow an established path and not blaze new trails.  After we hiked we headed on home.  On the way Jordan had a "pee" emergency so we had to pull over for him to use the restroom.  While there 3 adults asked Brady if he needed to go and he didn't but shortly after we pulled out he had to go to.  I was the closest adult to him so I had to help him to pee into a bottle.  He got his pants opened up and I got the bottle in position but not quite soon enough and he pee'ed a little bit on the seat and my hand.  He promptly scolded me for "not being fast enough".  Pretty cute and funny.  Got home, unloaded, had a good dinner and the 3 younger men and I walked to a local beer garden for a beer.  Their town is very pretty.  Not anything like an American town.  Cobblestone streets.  Roundabouts.  Flowers everywhere.  Don't get me wrong.  A lot of our towns have a quaintness about them but it is a completely different quaintness.

No comments:

Post a Comment