Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ireland - Day 5 June 21, 2011

Headed home to Loy and Wil's today after eating our black and white pudding for breakfast which is actually a very tasty pork sausage of some sort.  Didn't stop or see anything unusual for Ireland.  When we arrived in Dublin, Wil dropped CB and I off at Trinity College to see the Book of Kells and the Trinity Library.  The Book of Kells is a beautiful book of the four gospels which was created sometime around or before 800AD.  The Trinity College Library is famous and it is very beautiful.  Extremely old books from floor to 40 foot ceiling with beautiful woodwork and wooden vaulted ceilings surrounding them.  After we viewed that, CB found a nice Irish woolen sweater at a thrift shop for a fraction of the price he would have paid for a new sweater.  I have to say he is much better at spending wisely than I am.  We walked to Wil and Loy's house to pack up for Germany and take Loy to dinner (Wil had a class).  We walked along a canal to the restaurant where we had a nice dinner but the best part was when we slipped into a nearby Pub and had Toffee Pudding.  Oh my gosh.  YUM!   It was actually a really rich toffee cake, topped with burnt caramel sauce and ice cream.  I wish that I had discovered that sooner!  Had a lively conversation with Loy over that dessert and a couple of glasses of wine and then headed home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment